免費論壇 繁體 | 簡體
公告:SCLUB雲端專屬主機己開放租用
分享
返回列表 發帖

Brad McQuaid's Pantheon: Rise of the fallen

I don't know how much interest there will be for something like this from you guys or how many of you still check these forums but thought I would post it since it's something I'm interested in precisely because I enjoyed raiding with you guys so much.

Brad McQuaid has begun working on a new MMPORPG called Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.  He intends it to be a more hardcore game like old school EverQuest and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.  For those of you who you don't know, Brad McQuaid was the lead designer of EverQuest and it's first 3 expansions, Kunark, Velious and Luclin.  If you enjoyed that type of content then this is a title to look out for.  He has a small team right now but they are dedicated and have lots of experience.

Since the company plans to self publish title in hopes of maintaining creative control of the project so they can stick to the vision; they have launched a kickstarter campaign to secure the first round of funding.

Kickstarter page here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/proje ... -rise-of-the-fallen

If you've never heard of kickstarter know that your card will not be charged until the end of the campaign on February 22nd and only if they reach the $800,000 goal(they most likely will reach the goal).  

Anyway even though it wont be released until 2017 I'm really excited for this title and hope it gets released.  Some of my best gaming memories were made raiding Velious and Luclin with you guys; zones like Temple of Veshan and Vex Thal, bosses like Emperor Ssraeszha and the Avatar of War were lots of fun.  This that promises to deliver that kind of content and experience so I'm hoping them will be able to deliver.

Anyway just thought I'd let you guys know about it.

hi Maladie,
  Nice to see you again lol
Never heard of that game before but I'm glad to give it a shot after launch.
Try to log in the pop locked server Agnarr today, omfg, I have spend 6 hours just trying to log in and create my toon. really crazy..
  Will be there for a while, /join taiwan channel to meet me if anyone want to try.
Yours

Not only is this going to be led by Brad McQuaid, the man that gave us EverQuest and Vanguard; it also has Salim "Silius" Grant, the man that created Vanguard's awesome crafting system and Vu "WickedStorm" Nguyen, possibly one of the best zone designers in the history of MMOs.  

Here is some of Vu's "zoneography":

EQ original: Kerra Isle, Rivervale, Grobb, Kaladim, Unrest and Felwithe
Kunark: Sebilis, Chardok, Charasis( Howling Stones) and City of Mist
Velious: Kael Drakkel and Temple of Veeshan
Luclin: Shar Vahl, Paludal Caverns, and Fungus Grove
Planes of Power: Plane of Knowledge, Plane of Torment and Solusek Ro's Tower

EQ2: Enchanted Lands, Rivervale, Orcishwastes, Lavastorm and Soluseks's Eye
Desert of Flames: Sinking Sands
Echos of Faydwer: Butcherblock mountains, Steamfont Mountains.
Rise of Kunark: Kylong Plains

Unrest, Sebilis, Temple of Veeshan and Paludal Caverns; seriously those are some of the best zones in EverQuest.  The man is a genius when it comes to making dungeons and with him on the Pantheon team I'm pretty confident that Pantheon will feature some great dungeons.

本帖最後由 Simone 於 2014-2-8 17:46 編輯

Yep, 2017.  This is the initial funding stage.  They want to keep it crowd funded so they can maintain the vision and not dumb it down because publishers want to change the game .  However if you pledge now you can get into the alpha/beta process before the game is released to help test the game prior to release and get a "sneak peak".  I'm personally pledged in on this game at $855 because I believe in Brad McQuaid and the team he has put together.

i think need more 2+ years to  release

返回列表